100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil Host Committee
Host Committee News
Committees & Subcommittees
Click here for a complete list of committees and subcomittees.
About the 100th Running Host Committee
The 100th Running Host Committee of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil has been organized to help ensure this monumental moment in sporting and Hoosier history reaches as many people as possible. The Host Committee includes twelve full committees and forty sub-committees with hundreds of enthusiastic community volunteers. These individuals will work together to foster pride in our state’s signature event and give all Hoosiers a chance to participate in festivities surrounding the 100th Running. The Host Committee is an offshoot of the 500 Festival, working in tandem with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame museum.
Click here for a full list of committees and subcommittees.
Join the Celebration-of-the-Century!
1. Host a Porch Party with your friends and neighbors! Head over to http://www.500festival.com/porchparty to register your party and purchase special edition 100th Running porch décor set. Help us hit our goal of 500 parties registered across all 92 counties! #porchpartyindy
2. Be a rock star for one night by signing up* to be one of 500 singers, musicians, and dancers at Rock IN Roar 500 on Georgia Street on May 20. Local rock stars will join together alongside some local music and racing star power to perform a song in unison – a song to be announced at a media event on Georgia Street on April 29. Email RockInRoar500@gmail.com with questions. For inspiration, check out these 1000 rock stars performing Foo Fighters’ “Learn to Fly.” *(access code: Georgia)
3. Display your Hoosier Hospitality by volunteering with the 100th Running Host Committee! We need your help to execute all of the Host Committee’s incredible events and programs. Recruit your friends, colleagues, community groups, etc. to help, too! Send them over to https://2016indy500100.my-trs.com/ to register. Don’t miss out on the 100th Running vintage mechanic shirt and signature patches, exclusive to Host Committee volunteers.
5. Keep an eye out for 33 spectacular “Welcome Race Fans” artworks showcased around the city. Visit www.welcomeracefansindy.org for more information the 33 pieces created by Indiana artists.
6. Countdown to the 100th Running by seeking out historic IMS pylon pieces, which have been carefully deconstructed and framed to help the community count down to the 100th Running of the Indy 500. Starting 33 days from the 500, seek out numbers 1-33 located throughout Indianapolis and share your adventure in pictures at #___ and on Facebook and Instagram!
7. Recreate personal race day traditions with family and friends by sharing “then and now photos” on social media.
8. Bike to the 500 this year by joining the first ever group bike ride to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on the morning of the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500.
9. Share the unique ways you are celebrating the 100th Running by using #100WaysToCelebrate on social media.
10. Come celebrate with us at one (or all!) of these 100th Running Community Celebration Events.
About the 100th Running
The 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 will be a once-in-a-generation celebration of speed, progress and the pursuit of glory. Nothing compares to seeing the largest single day sporting event on the planet in person and this year's 100th Running of the Indy 500 will be bigger and better than ever. The entire city of Indianapolis will come to life with an action-packed celebration of the past, present and future of racing. On May 29, competitors are set to hit speeds of more than 230 m.p.h as they chase the greatest prize in motorsports, the Borg-Warner Trophy. Simply put, the eyes of the sporting world will be on Indianapolis on May 29, and you'll want to be there.
About the 500 Festival
Founded in 1957, the 500 Festival is a not-for-profit organization that produces more than 50 life-enriching events and programs while celebrating the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500 and fostering positive impact on the city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana. One of the largest festivals in the nation, each year more than half a million people attend an event or program produced by the 500 Festival. Since its founding, the 500 Festival has contributed more than $350 million in economic value to Indianapolis.
2016: A Year Not to Miss!
100th Running of the Indy 500
Thanks to Our Donors:
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Bill Estes Automotive
CNO Financial Group
CSO Architects, Inc.
Eli Lilly and Company
F.A. Wilhelm Construction Company
Fastrac Solutions Inc.
Hulman & Company Foundation, Inc.
Indiana Economic Development Corporation
Indiana Chemical Trust
Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever
Indiana University Health
Indianapolis Power & Light Company
JW Marriott Indianapolis
KAR Auction Services
Kathy and Al Hubbard
Kite Realty Group
LDI, Ltd. / Lacy Foundation
Lucas Oil Products
MacAllister Machinery Co.
Monarch Beverage, Inc.
PNC Bank, N.A.
St. Elmo Steak House / Harry & Izzy’s
The Heritage Group
The Indianapolis Foundation, a CICF Affiliate
Zink Distributing Company
- Other Events