Mini-Marathon Safety Message
Enhanced Safety Policies for the 2013 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
The 500 Festival, in partnership with the Indianapolis Department of Public Safety, local, state, and federal agencies, will be taking additional security and safety precautions at this year’s OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and Finish Line 500 Festival 5K on May 4. These additional security precautions may or may not be visible to event attendees. These enhanced security measures will be implemented to create the safest environment possible for the public, volunteers and participants of 500 Festival events.
In order to maximize the safety of the public during the Mini-Marathon and 5K we need your support. Please review the following security-related items
- Participants are asked not to bring or wear backpacks or duffle bags to the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. Please be aware that all bags and backpacks will be subject to search by security personnel.
- Backpacks or duffle bags will not be accepted at the UPS Gear Check stations. Only the white Finish Line goodie bag which will be distributed to participants at packet pickup will be accepted at the UPS Gear Check stations.
- Additional security measures have been added to the Mini-Marathon course. At the event start line on Washington Street, only participants with a runners’ bib will be allowed to enter the corrals.
- Participants will only be allowed to enter the corrals in which they are assigned; Corral assignments are clearly posted on the front of each runner’s bib.
- Do not leave bags, backpacks or items left unattended. Any bags or items left unattended will be removed by security personnel.
See Something Say Something
Event attendees are encouraged to report any suspicious activity or information to the nearest event security personnel by:
- Calling the See Something Say Something™ tip line at 1-877-226-1026
- Email email@example.com
- Participant Information
- Refer a Friend Program
- Course Entertainment
- Post Race Party
- Race History
- Other Events
- Annual Theme