500 Festival Training Series presented by OrthoIndy
Back for its 14th year, the 500 Festival Training Series, presented by OrthoIndy, features the use of the ChronoTrack Bib Timing System on certified courses. The Series is designed to provide participants a low-pressure opportunity to gauge their progression in preparation for the 2014 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. The series gradually increases in distance, coinciding with a typical training program’s schedule.
Here is your guide to the Training Series
Are you new to the Training Series or need a refresher? The online Training Series eConfirmation Booklet will provide you with all you need to know, including course maps, parking, course regulations and more.
Highlights of the 500 Festival Training Series include:
- FREE Runner Tracking for 10K and 15K events.
- Outstanding course support with mile markers, clocks at every mile, split timers, water and Gatorade Endurance Formula Pit Areas, and course entertainment.
- Delicious post-race refreshments
- The timing device is the ChronoTrack Bib Timing Device
- Official results available following the event
- USATF-sanctioned courses
- All events will begin and end near the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon start line in downtown Indianapolis. Please visit our web site for complete course details
- Participants do not have to be registered for the Mini-Marathon to participate
- Start and Finish lines will be in White River State Park in front of the NCAA Hall of Champions
|2014 Training Series Dates
|5K - Saturday, February 1, 2014||8:30 a.m. EST||7:00 a.m. EST|
|10K - Saturday, March 1, 2014||8:00 a.m. EST||6:30 a.m.EST|
|15K - Saturday, April 5, 2014||8:00 a.m. EDT||6:30 a.m. EST|
Deadlines and Fees
Pre-registration applications must be postmarked one week prior to each event or online registration will end eight days prior to each event. On-site registration is available for an additional $4 fee and begins 90 minutes before each event. There will be a discount for those who pre-register for all three 500 Festival Training Series events. (No refunds or transfers.) Participants who register for any event will receive a free OrthoIndy gift.
Packet Pick-up/Race Headquarters & Parking
Race packets will not be mailed! Packets can be picked up at the 500 Festival Building, located at 21 Virginia Avenue in downtown Indianapolis.
- 5K Pre-Packet Pick-Up: Friday, January 31, 2014 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- 10K Pre-Packet Pick-Up: Friday, February 28, 2014 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- 15K Pre-Packet Pick-Up: Friday, April 4, 2014 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
You can also pick up packets race morning at our Race Headquarters at the NCAA Hall of Champions beginning 90 minutes before the start of the race.
Parking is recommended in the White River State Park Garage on Washington Street. The 500 Festival does not profit off of any parking costs. Fees vary based on the garage or lot.
Here are a few downtown parking and traveling tips:
- Arrive early and relax during peak exit times.
- Parking is abundant. There are more than 66,000 parking spaces downtown. Plan where you will park ahead of time.
- Plan your route ahead of time and carpool if possible. Prepare to park away from the event site.
- Enter downtown from the side on which you plan to park and park facing the direction you intend to depart. Plan to use a parking garage or lot. Metered parking is limited around special event areas.
The timing device is a single use Bib Tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your bib is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Not covered (i.e. jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.)
Race officials may cancel, delay or change the event in case of extreme weather or other conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. In the event of cancellation, refunds will not be issued. For the latest weather information regarding each event on race day of the event, please tune to WISH TV or listen to 95.5 WFMS, 104.5 WJJK, or WARM 93.9.
- Not be allowed to participate without a visible bib number
- Not be allowed on the course before the official start
- Not participate with another person’s number
- Not be allowed to wear headphones
- Obey all directions by course marshals, police, and safety personnel (streets will not be completely closed)
The 500 Festival Training Series, presented by OrthoIndy, is open to both runners and walkers. A time limit of 18 minutes per mile is required, after which, participants will be required to board the trail vehicle.
Unregistered participants, unauthorized vehicles, bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, in-line skates, strollers, baby joggers, and animals are prohibited along the course. All race regulations comply with liability insurance requirements and ensure your safety and the fairness of the event. For your safety and the safety of others, please allow room for faster individuals to pass you. If you are running and walking with friends, please do not lineup more than two abreast. We will be utilizing partial lane closures for during each event. Please stay alert for vehicular traffic.
2014 Training Series Results
Official 500 Festival Training Program
The YMCA of Greater Indianapolis OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon Training Program can help you achieve your goal of crossing the finish line after 13.1 miles. Click here to learn more.
- Participant Information
- Course Entertainment
- Post Race Party
- Race History
- Other Events
- Annual Theme