More than 80 bands entertain at the Mini
The OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon is the nation’s largest half-marathon, the 10th largest road race in the United States and the 27th largest in the world with 35,000 participants! Not only does the Mini rank highly in number of participants, but also in quantity of entertainment. With 100 entertainment groups and spirit squads lining the 13.1-mile course, the Mini-Marathon has arguably the most entertainment of any road race in the world! This quantity is unparalleled in what many have called the largest four-hour music festival anywhere.
Groups perform in downtown Indianapolis along the 13.1 mile OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon course and the 3.1 mile Finish Line 500 Festival 5K course. Exact performance locations will be mailed to groups in early April. Groups must be at their assigned location by 6:30 a.m. All groups will finish performing by noon, with some groups ending earlier depending on location.
2015 Mini-Marathon Course Entertainment
There are many highlights to performing in front of the 35,000 participants in the Mini-Marathon, 4,000 participants in the 5K, and 4,000 volunteers.
- Group name and booking information listed on www.500festival.com, reporting 1.5 million page views
- Group name listed in “Thank you” ad placed in local newspaper, thanking you for entertaining at the Mini-Marathon
- Group signage may be displayed at your performance location, as long as it does not interfere with the race. (Signage may not exceed 3’x 6’.) Sponsorships and/or third party promotions prohibited.
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Certificate of Participation
- Tickets to an Indianapolis 500 Practice Day
All groups will be responsible for supplying their own equipment. The Mini-Marathon will provide access to electricity, either from a business or a generator. Please be specific when completing this application as to your needs so we can best accommodate your group. Please note if you will supply your own generator.
Notification & Orientation
Confirmation letters will be mailed upon receipt of your application and demo CD. Location assignments will be mailed in early April. All groups will be required to attend an Orientation Meeting. The number of entertainment groups selected will be capped at 100.
- Other Events
- Corporate Member Program
- Education Program
- Internship Program
- KidsFit Program
- Princess Program