Absolutely no participant is allowed on the course prior to 7:45 a.m. (EDT). Any participant on the racecourse before 7:45 a.m. will be disqualified and asked to leave the racecourse. The following are strictly prohibited at all times.
- Roller Skates (including in-line skate)
- Bicycles (including hand crank bicycles)
- Motorized or gear driven vehicles of any kind
- Baby Strollers
All participants are required to wear a bib number which has been assigned to them. Those participants without a visible bib number will be removed from the course. No participant will be allowed to enter the Indianapolis Motor Speedway without a visible bib number.
The OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon recommends that headphones not be used during the race so that in case of an emergency, race officials can communicate with participants. Keep in mind, the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon is one of the largest four-hour music festivals in the nation. More than 100 live bands, cheer groups, DJs, and dance troupes will be on hand to cheer the 35,000 runners and walkers to the finish line.
Mini-Marathon Start Line and Course Time Limit
The Mini-Marathon uses a corral system for a more efficient and organized race start. Please be honest with the assessment of your ability, as you will be placed in a corral based on your run/racewalk/walk status and your estimated finish time. You can use the pace calculator on the Seeding page to find your estimated finish time. As a reference, most walkers complete the Mini-Marathon between 3:15 and 4:00. This corral method is designed to help alleviate passing and congestion throughout the course making your race experience more enjoyable. The Mini-Marathon has a time limit of 4 hours (18 minute per mile pace). Participants must be able to maintain the 18 minute per mile pace or they will be required to board the trail bus. This limit allows our volunteers to clean and clear the course prior to the streets being open to traffic. Our Back of the Pack crew will be out to mark the time limit and encourage all the participants to keep going! The 18 minute per mile time limit begins when the last participant crosses the start line. The Finish Line 500 Festival 5K will carry a 56-minute time limit for completion.
- Race registration will close once the maximum field is reached, regardless of the date.
- Sorry, registration over the phone or by fax will NOT be accepted.
- There will be NO race day registration.
- There will be NO Race Day Packet Pick-Up!
- Only one participant per application.
- Application may be photocopied.
- Waiver MUST be signed in order to process application.
- All participants MUST finish within four hours.
- There will be NO entry fee refunds.
- A fee of $25 will be charged for all returned checks.
- Course Entertainment
- Miler Series
- Mini with a Meaning
- Participant Information
- Post Race Party
- Race History
- Travel and Accommodations
- Other Events
- Corporate Member Program
- Education Program
- Internship Program
- KidsFit Program
- Princess Program