Race Day Parking
Arrive early in downtown Indianapolis to give yourself plenty of time to find parking. Many downtown streets will be closed to traffic and public parking in preparation for the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon activities. Several parking facilities will be open for event parking. Please keep in mind that due to street closings, not all routes into the various parking locations will be available.
The following parking garages will be open at 6 a.m. for the event:
- IUPUI Campus Lots
- State Government Center Garage on Missouri off Maryland Street, 401 W. Washington Street
- American United Life Tower, One American Square
- World of Wonder Garage off Maryland and Illinois streets
- Clay Pool Court Garage, Washington and Illinois streets, 110 W. Washington Street
- Plaza Parking, 109 S. Capitol Avenue
- Hyatt Hotel Parking, 1 S. Capitol Avenue
- Capitol Commons, 10 S. Capitol Avenue
Interested in reserving a parking spot for the Mini-Marathon? Use ParkWhiz for guaranteed parking with no extra fees or surcharges when you park.
Here are a few downtown parking and traveling tips:
- Arrive early and relax during peak exit times.
- Parking is abundant. There are more than 66,000 parking spaces downtown. Plan where you will park ahead of time.
- Plan your route ahead of time and carpool if possible. Prepare to park away from the event site.
- Enter downtown from the side on which you plan to park and park facing the direction you intend to depart.
- Plan to use a parking garage or lot. Metered parking is limited around special event areas.
- Course Entertainment
- Miler Series
- Mini with a Meaning
- Participant Information
- Post Race Party
- Race History
- Refer a Friend Program
- Travel and Accommodations
- Other Events
- Corporate Member Program
- Education Program
- Internship Program
- KidsFit Program
- Princess Program