Princess Program Expectations & Duties
A 500 Festival Princess will:
- Represent the 500 Festival by actively supporting its mission, values and goals.
- Attend and actively participate in 500 Festival outreach initiatives throughout Indiana. This includes conducting programming in their hometown as well as attending various events on behalf of the organization and the Princess Program.
- Volunteer at activities surrounding the 500 Festival and Indianapolis Motor Speedway throughout the months of April and May.
- Learn by taking advantage of opportunities for personal development, volunteerism, and community involvement.
- Have fun and make new friends through volunteerism—one of the most rewarding and enjoyable aspects of participation in the 500 Festival Princess Program.
Mandatory Events for 2017 500 Festival Princesses
|500 Festival Princess Program Orientation||Friday, February 17 (evening) – Saturday, February 18|
|500 Festival Princess Program Reception||Saturday, April 15|
|500 Festival Mini-Marathon Expo||Thursday, May 4 & Friday, May 5 Each Princess must volunteer for one shift|
|OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon||Saturday, May 6|
|Chase 500 Festival Kids’ Day & Rookie Run||Saturday, May 13|
|500 Festival Breakfast at the Brickyard, presented by Midwestern Engineers, Inc. 500 Festival Volunteer Appreciation Day||Saturday, May 20|
|500 Festival Memorial Service, presented by Rolls-Royce||Friday, May 26|
|IPL 500 Festival Parade||Saturday, May 27|
|KeyBank 500 Festival Snakepit Ball||Saturday, May 27|
|Indianapolis 500||Sunday, May 28|
NOTE: All dates/times are subject to change
As ambassadors for the 500 Festival, the 500 Festival Princesses play a critical role in the organization’s statewide outreach initiative. Each 500 Festival Princess will be responsible for securing appearances within her community. She will work closely with the 500 Festival staff to develop messaging, talking points and presentations. These appearances will take place February through May of 2017.
Encouraged Events for 500 Festival Princesses:
In addition to the mandatory activities, the 2017 500 Festival Princesses are encouraged to participate in other community and 500 Festival activities, including:
- 500 Festival 6-Miler, presented by OrthoIndy: Saturday, March 11 (NOTE: professional development session will occur on this date as well)
- 500 Festival 10-Miler, presented by OrthoIndy: Saturday, April 8 (NOTE: professional development session will occur on this date as well)
- 500 Festival Kickoff to May: Wednesday, May 3
- 500 Festival Princess Program’s personal and professional development sessions scheduled throughout Spring 2017
- Mobile study trips for the 500 Festival & Indianapolis 500 Education Program, presented by Indiana University Health: March 2017
- The Indianapolis St. Patrick’s Day Parade: March 2017
- Orientation at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway: April 2017
- Study trips for the 500 Festival & Indianapolis 500 Education Program, presented by Indiana University Health: April 2017
- Visits to community centers, hometown schools, community organizations/associations and hospitals: February – May 2017
NOTE: All dates/times are subject to change. Exceptions for major life events (college graduation, weddings for immediate family members, etc.) will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Other Events