Princess Program Selection
500 Festival Princess selection is based on the following categories:
- Communication Skills: As a representative of the 500 Festival and her community, it is important that a 500 Festival Princess possess excellent communication skills – verbal, nonverbal and written.
- Commitment to Service: A 500 Festival Princess should share the 500 Festival’s commitment to enrich the lives of others and make a positive impact on our state. The applicant should be enthusiastic about making a difference in her community and the state of Indiana through service.
- Leadership: Serving as a positive role model for Indiana youth, Princesses will use their strong leadership skills to help motivate, inspire and impact the community during their time as a 500 Festival Princess and beyond.
- Scholarship: A 500 Festival Princess should demonstrate her commitment to education and her academic achievement – in the classroom and beyond.
- Professionalism: The 500 Festival Princesses are the most visible and recognizable symbols of the 500 Festival. It is important that the applicant convey a confident and professional image.
A 500 Festival Princess should possess the following traits:
- Integrity - A 500 Festival Princess serves as a role models to Indiana youth as well as a representative of the 500 Festival. She holds herself to a high standard of conduct and is respectful, responsible, mature, patient and adaptable.
- Enthusiasm - Excitement is contagious. When a leader is motivated and excited about the cause, people will be more inclined to follow.
- Desire to learn – The Princess Program provides women with the opportunity and tools necessary to make a profound impact within our state, both personally and professionally. To get the most out of the experience, a 500 Festival Princess should be ready and willing to learn.
- Maturity and responsibility
- Great sense of humor
- Team player, works well with others
- Hard worker
- Other Events