500 Gives Back Grants
The 500 Gives Back Grant Program is geared toward supporting Indiana community organizations that offer life-enriching events, activities and programs, while also celebrating the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500. Originally an element of the 100th Running of the Indy 500 Host Committee structure, this specific program is a carryover to future years of community support. The 500 Gives Back Program strives to create a lasting legacy within Indiana by lifting up organizations that heighten civic pride, create cultural connections, foster social engagement and stimulate education. In 2017, a total of $33,000 in grants were given to organizations with maximum individual endorsements of $7,000. 2017 Grand Recipients include:
- Indiana Recycling Coalition, Inc
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra (Metropolitan Youth Orchestra)
- Connor Prairie Museum, Inc.
- Indy Reads Books
- Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County
- Christamore House Family and Community Center
- Hearts and Hands of Indiana
- New Hope of Indiana
- George T. Goodwin Community Center, Inc.
- Englewood Community Development Corporation
The 2018 500 Gives Back Grant application process will open in January 2018. Please check back for details! If you have questions, please contact Francene Thomas