The 500 Festival is seeking thousands of community volunteers to fuel the Month of May
The 500 Festival announces today that registration is now open for the 500 Festival Volunteer Program, presented by Citizens Energy Group.
Volunteers play an integral role in helping bring each event and program to life and deliver a long-lasting, positive impact.
The 500 Festival events and programs would not be possible without the help of over 3,000 dedicated volunteers in over 100 areas of opportunity each year. Opportunities are available from February-May 2023, and include but are not limited to:
- Distributing snacks and beverages at runners’ services for the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
- Staffing various games and activities at the Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kid’s Day & Rookie Run
- Greeting and helping spectators find their seats as an usher for the AES 500 Festival Parade
- Hosting 4th grade class study trips at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of the 500 Festival & Indianapolis 500 Education Program, presented by Indiana University Health
“500 Festival volunteers are the heart of our community events and programs,” said Bob Bryant, president and CEO of the 500 Festival. “We rely on thousands of friends, neighbors, and community members to come together and create the unique celebration and experience that is the Month of May in Indianapolis. We are so grateful for each of our volunteers.”
In addition to an unforgettable experience, 500 Festival volunteers will receive:
- A free commemorative volunteer t-shirt and collector’s pin
- Access to the 500 Festival volunteer virtual goodie bag containing exclusive promotions and discounts
- Special access at 500 Festival programs and events
- Invitation to the 500 Festival’s Volunteer Appreciation Day on May 20 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (must register for at least one shift by 5 p.m. on 4/12/23 to receive an invitation)
- Two tickets to Indianapolis 500 Qualifications on May 20 (must RSVP to Volunteer Appreciation Day to receive tickets)
Register to become a volunteer at 500Festival.com/Volunteer.
The 500 Festival Volunteer Program is presented by Citizens Energy Group, with additional support from HotBox Pizza and Aqua Systems.
About the 500 Festival
Founded in 1957, the 500 Festival is a not-for-profit organization that produces more than 50 life-enriching events and programs while celebrating the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500® and fostering a positive impact on the city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana. One of the largest festivals in the nation, each year more than half a million people attend an event or program produced by the 500 Festival. Since its founding, the 500 Festival has contributed more than $500 million in economic value to Indianapolis. To learn more about the 500 Festival, please visit 500festival.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.